Wednesday 3 September 2008

Rowdy neighbours

Our house is situated so that we have another house quite close in front of us, and two houses to the left of us, in a row. Behind us is a gravel road that goes to those two houses, and just on the other side of the gravel road, is the jungle.

Every evening, especially when it has rained, our "neighbours" get really noisy! I mean really noisy! I didn't know frogs could make sounds that loud, or even the kind of sounds they are making! Sometimes, it sounds like it's a whole flock of sheep out there!
Luckily, we don't have our bedroom on that side of the house... Linnea does, but she doesn't seem to mind too much - or rather, she mostly sleeps with us the little "darling"...

I have been trying to spy them in the dark with my flash light, to see what kind of frogs they are. If they are giant super frogs or something, judging by their sounds - but no luck. I found this picture on www.frogsofborneo.org, they could be this kind:

No comments: