Monday 19 March 2012

Orang Utan

Today I have finally ticked off one of the things that has been on my "travel bucket list" for far too long, considering we do live on Borneo... - getting up close with orangutans in their own habitat.
We visited the Nature Reserve at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort. It's a rehabilitation center for orangutan babies here in Kota Kinabalu. Some had said it wouldn't be as good as the other, bigger rehabilitation centers here in Malaysia but I sure wasn't disappointed, it was absolutely awesome!
This little one, Tenten, was one of the orangutans we got to get to know a little bit better. She was absolutely adorable and very happy to have her picture taken over and over again.




As you can imagine, I have many, many wonderful photos from today's visit and I will blog some more once we get back to Brunei.

No comments: