Friday 3 May 2013

Swimming Gala 2013

Ahhh, the dreaded Swimming Gala... here we go again... Since their very first one they participated in back in 2009, both our kids have later had issues at these Swimming Galas. It's really not either one of theirs preferred event of the year.

I desperately tried to get out of my Zumba class this morning, but no luck, so unfortunately I missed Linnea's races again. Boo. I was told she had done really well though, she placed 3rd, 2nd and 1st in her three races - well done!

Lucas on the other hand had already finished two races by the time I got there, and placed last in both (we've given up trying to explain 'heats' to him) - so before the last race he was rather upset and didn't want to go back and swim: "What's the point, I'll end up last anyway!"
Well, he's not in Year 1 anymore, so we told him to suck it up (worded a bit nicer than that but that was what we meant) and go back and swim the last race. Which he did, and he came last. Ah well.

Also, even though I had charged and packed up the camera, and even put it in the car for Nathan, there are no other pictures than this one I took with my phone when I arrived. Somehow the camera didn't make it out of the car... *duh*.
If you look really closely, you might be able to make out Lucas at the far lane, close to the stairs...

No comments: