Thursday 22 December 2011

Dubai - Day 3

It sure brought back some memories yesterday when we were driving down Sheikh Zayed Road - passing by the old crew hotel where I've spent so many stop-overs and driving along all the familiar buildings.
The Dubai skyline is pretty impressive. Especially since they built this one, the Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
We have planned to go up in it on Saturday as a special Christmas excursion!



Yesterday we did another landmark, the Dubai Mall - one of the biggest shopping malls in the world.
We went there to visit their famous aquarium and underwater zoo.









Frederik and Linnea discussing who is going to try and pat the crocodiles...























After the Aquarium and some lunch, we saw the musical fountain show outside in front of the Burj Khalifa.















Then the Dads took the kids home and I got let loose in the Mall, all by myself, aaaahhhh..!






Most of the Malls here are open until midnight, and you can seriously get anything and everything here.
I only managed four hours walking around and around on all the different levels in this Mall and I was defeated... Ha ha! And I had to buy a pair of Fit Flops in the middle of it all since my feet started to complain.
But I must say, this must be the best shopping I've experienced ever, by far. Dubai rocks!

No comments: