Monday 1 December 2008

First of December

When I was growing up, every year at the 1st of December, an advent calendar filled with presents would turn up next to my bed. I was allowed to open one present every day, all the way until Christmas. I loved this tradition, and has continued it with my own children - Lucas actually has my old calendar, and Mormor made Linnea one too. Mormor has very kindly helped filling up the calendars this year as well, they are full of exciting gifts and goodies!



Today was the day I made them magically appear after breakfast, and the kids were beside themselves with the sight of all these presents, only for them!
We had these last year as well, but I don't think they really understood the concept then, even though of course they enjoyed the gifts. But this year, at least Lucas got that there will be only one present opened a day, and when they are all gone, it's Christmas!



I'm sorry that the pictures are a bit blurry, but here are a few more snap shots from this morning. The kids found some Christmas tree decorations in their packages:

Opening nr 1:



Linnea found an angel in her package:



Lucas, hanging his snowman on the tree:

No comments: