Saturday 2 October 2010

Red carpet party

Ok, so last night was the night of another 40th birthday party here in the bubble. Our friend Rebecca celebrated with a star-studded party where she had invited only "celebrities"!
We had all got a character to impersonate, and since the invitation came out months ago, people had had plenty of time to make it work.
I must say, she really had thought long and hard about who everybody would resemble. She was spot on with most of the look-alikes!
All the celebs looked fabulous, and some of the dress-ups, costumes and make-overs were really, really good! My favourites were the Na'vi girl, Gene Simmons and of course - my neighbour Misuzu who had had the famous swan dress made as she was Björk.

I went as Charlize Theron, so, really, just a glammier version of myself! Not much "dress-up" involved there really. Nobody could spot who I was, and even when I told them, some didn't know her! Ah well, I looked goooood!
Nathan was working unfortunately, but he would have been going as Eric Bana. (I think she must have done that connection when he had his beard period?)

It was a great night and I'll share some of the photos here with you. Unfortunately my camera was playing up a bit, so some are a bit blurry, but I think you can spot the celebs anyway!
Apart from the stars in the slide show, I also mingled with Sandra Bullock, SATC Miranda, Tina Turner, Jack Nicholson, Joaquin Phoenix, Antonio Banderas, Beyoncé, SATC Carrie, Miley Cyrus, George Clooney, Justin Timberlake, Nicole Kidman, Claudia Schiffer, Bill Clinton, Seal and many more!

No comments: