Friday 28 August 2009

All quiet on the... eastern front

Not much to tell from the life in Brunei at the moment. We are still suffering from the jet lag, believe it or not (it usually doesn't take this long). Kids are either awake late at night, or in the middle of the night for a few hours; and then after being up with them, I can't sleep until in the early morning... and the vicious circle continues...

I have been busy preparing for school start. I've gone through the uniforms, got clothes named, organized the bags and lunch boxes, cleaned our 'gallery wall' of last year's artistic school work so it's ready for new ones; and mounted new notice boards in the kitchen in a bid to get all the little papers and things off my fridge. Still a few bits and pieces to sort out, but I'm getting there!

Ramadan is in full swing, which means look out in the traffic! I'm careful anyway, since it's been a few weeks since I last was driving, but you really have to be vigilant at this time of the year.

We've caught up with quite a few of our friends and after having been at the Yacht Club for a swim yesterday, the kids continued their water play in the huge rain of last night - running around outside until they were completely soaked!
One of the joys of tropical climate, being able to play in the rain without getting cold!

No comments: