Saturday 29 August 2009

Thanks to the Swedish Presidency

Before we went away on holiday, I got a call from the Swedish Consulate here in Brunei, that I had a gift to come and pick up..?
Ok?
Yes, it was a gift in honour of the Swedish Presidency of the European Union (that Sweden took over on the 1st of July) - something both for Mr and Mrs Watson. Exciting!
I didn't have time to get it before we left, but Anna had picked it up for me, and today I got my present:

 
It was a scarf for me, and a tie for Nathan - in nice blue and yellow colours, together with some other little things such as pens and paper pads in the same design! Go Sweden!
You have to be grateful though, I really doubt every expat Swede is receiving this package. It must be because there are only so very few of us here in the country. It's kind of cool!

No comments: