Monday 4 March 2013

More fun in Hong Kong

So, what do you do on a city holiday, when you don't have to accommodate two little kids (you know: "I need the toilet", "I'm hungry", "I want to go back to the hotel", "My feet hurt", "How many more shops are we going to" etc etc...) - well, you walk a lot, you cover every shopping mall in town and you have a nice, long gorgeous lunch - aaahhh!
I must say, shopping let me down a bit though, it's tricky when you don't know where to go! I didn't seem to find any of my normal favourites, just the very upmarket brands. But ah well, the shopping wasn't our main objective this time and we still enjoyed the walking about and being able to continue to do whatever we wanted, for how long we wanted!

Friday night we ventured out into the Hong Kong nightlife (another thing you can't do with kids in tow!) and had a late dinner with some longtime friends of Nathan's, Ryan and Richelle.


They had suggested dinner at this really lush restaurant in Wyndham, 'Wagyu'. It was nice and close so we walked over there.  It's supposed to be one of the more popular restaurants in town, and it certainly didn't disappoint. We had such lovely food... mmm... I chose the barramundi, since I had overdone it a bit with the meat the night before - but the others went for their famous Australian wagyu steaks. It all was absolutely delicious.


The boys had some special coffee for dessert, and I had one of the best Pavlovas (one of, Nikki, one of!) I've ever had. It was sooo good! Total food coma, again.


Fantastic food, great company and with a very lively atmosphere at this place we had a fab night.

No comments: