Tuesday 5 July 2011

Front Horn Frenzy

I managed to avoid it for 116 hashes, but today I got caught out - and was Front Horn, for the first time!
Here I am with the horn, and Sally, before we set off:



I've never offered to do it before, although I'm probably perceived by most of the hashers as one of the Front Runners. Reason being, as a Front Horn you often end up at the back of the pack at the checks, and have to sprint past everybody over and over again... and I'm just not fit enough to do that!
Tonight I managed to keep up around first and second check, but when third was quite a long back check and me and some other Front Runners were way off - I just couldn't catch up afterward!

It doesn't really matter, as long as you are up there somewhere.
I might even try it again! ;)

No comments: