Friday 24 June 2011

Midsommarafton Memories

Today it's Midsommarafton in Sweden, and the homesick feeling is hitting hard, as usual. It's been four years since we've had a proper Swedish Midsommar. I'm not going to depress about it too much, nothing I can do - I'll just keep dreaming that maybe one day before the kids get too old, we'll be getting to celebrate a Midsommarafton in Sweden again.


(Beautiful Midsommar flower photo borrowed from http://enmammasdag.com)

You can read about the homesick feelings here, in last years Midsommar post. It's the same every year at these holidays.
You can read about my last attempt to have a "proper" Swedish Midsommarafton here, when Anna and I celebrated with some Swedes in Singapore.
You can read about how we normally celebrate Midsommarafton in Sweden and reminisce with me here, where I show you pictures of the two Midsommaraftons we actually have had - in Sweden!

But today, I'm celebrating very quietly and in a way kind of try to forget about what I'm missing. I just pay tribute to Midsommarafton, like this:



No comments: