Thursday 16 June 2011

Lushious Ladies Lunch

Being a "Lady of Leisure" I went to my friend Maria's house today, as she hosted a 'Ladies Lunch'. It was a bit of a farewell to some of our friends who are leaving for good, combined into an end-of-the-year gathering.





Misuzu came along too, it was her and Luca's first outing. He was so good, even though he was sent around to everybody like a "pass the parcel"!
Here with Kellie:



Luca, 9 days old; wearing a Swedish "Tummen"-outfit!



We had all brought a plate, so we had a wide selection of different food, all sooo yummy!



The queue built quickly!





While us ladies enjoyed the lovely spread, Luca slept quietly in his buggy.





The dessert table..:



I also got to try a very special coffee - Kopi Luwak. It's the world's most expensive variety of coffee.
It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet. They are passed through it's digestive tract and then defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans make this very aromatic coffee.

Although a few of the ladies didn't like the somewhat earthy taste I must say I quite enjoyed it! If you are brought up on strong Swedish coffee, you can handle anything! It was different in a good way and I'm really happy I dared to try it!

No comments: