Tuesday 26 February 2013

Progression

After only having been running for 4 1/2 months, it's already time for our CrossFit Box to grow. In preparation for knocking down the wall to the space they've acquired next door, they had shuffled things around in the Box, and most importantly - moved the big rig during the weekend.
It used to be in the middle of the room, now it's placed all along one wall; which makes a lot more sense and already have freed up a lot more space in the Box.

It's really cool that CrossFit has taken off so well here in Brunei. I'm very happy for the Reebok CrossFit 673 Team. They deserve every bit of success because they are truly dedicated, and have been working really hard in creating this great CrossFit community; which I am proud to be a part of. I look forward to coming each session, I enjoy each session (well, maybe not right in the middle of them, but certainly when they are done..!) and I've made some great new friends through the training too.

(Sam, Lee & Pippa trying out the new layout.)

Progression. It's what it's all about. 
I am happy to say that personally I'm also experiencing some big progress at the moment.

I'm not quite sure what has suddenly clicked.
Maybe it's simply the normal "after-a-few-months-is-when-you-start-seeing-the-results" development; maybe it's the fact that I've amped up my amount of CrossFit sessions from twice a week to at least 3, sometimes 4 times a week?
It could be that I've started a bit of a nutrition drive, with some extra protein intake? Or it could simply just be that when we now are starting repeat workouts and benchmarks, it all becomes more clear and measurable how much stronger I've got!
Whatever it is, I feel that I'm on a roll!

I don't lift anywhere near what some of the other girls do, or am near as fast. But you know what?
It doesn't matter!
Because I'm way faster than I used to be, and I can lift way more than I could before! I'm certainly getting much stronger, and I'm enjoying it!

I haven't lost any weight since I started doing CrossFit, although, I have lost nearly 2% body fat since the middle of January; which in my case corresponds to transforming nearly 3 lbs (=1,5kg) of fat into muscle! Let's hope this roll I'm on will last for a while yet..! :)

"Strive for progress. Not perfection".

1 comment:

MrsC said...

I love it! You are an inspiration! Your words make me want to work out.