Saturday 27 August 2011

All by myself

So, I'm on a trip! All by myself!
I guess I should be enjoying it, not having to do unplanned toilet stops at the worst times, not having to think about feeding, keeping track of or occupying little people - just myself.
I do try, and I've just been circulating Melbourne airport for 3 1/2h between flights; enjoying getting to check out all the shops in peace (not just the toy shops) having nice coffee, getting some magazines, doing some people watching etc. But, now I'm bored and have no one to talk to!

It's been well over 5 years since I last left the family at home and went on a trip on my own. Back then Lucas had just turned two and Linnea was about 5-6 months, and I went from the UK to Amsterdam to meet up with some friends for the weekend.
This time I'm off to a whole other continent, to Adelaide, to catch up with a Norweigan friend I haven't seen in... about 8-9 years! Exciting!

I do enjoy only having one, very light, suitcase; and only carrying one posh little handbag with only the essentials, my essentials (and not a bunch of snacks, toys, wet wipes etc...) - but I must admit it's an odd feeling to be all alone, like I've nearly forgot how you do it... and I do miss the little munchkins!

Looking at other people traveling with tired, noisy and uncooperative kids, and tons of stuff, I start to relish a bit in being just me though. I think this will be a very relaxing trip!




No comments: