Thursday 29 April 2010

The reading corner

Finally, I've accomplished something I've been planning for a long, long time - I've got a reading corner!
There is this corner in the living room we haven't been quite sure what to do with since we moved in. One plan have been to place a bar there, and we started already when we moved in by putting the drinks fridge in that corner. We just never got around to finding a bar (all I suggested got poo-pooed...) that we liked.
This is how it's been looking for a very long time..:



I got sick of having just a drinks fridge in the middle of the living room, so I started to plan something else for that space - a reading corner.
I really just wanted somewhere to sit, without having to sit in front of the TV. Somewhere to read or just relax, a cosy corner.
It took me a while to convince Nathan this was a good idea, but finally yesterday it all happened and I came home with my lovely chair and footstool.



Some new paintings and lanterns has also been mounted on the wall, and all I need now is a little table to put my tea cup on (we're not agreeing on that either, so will probably take a while...) - and it will be perfect! Love it!

No comments: