Tuesday 21 April 2009

Slow down

It's been in the newspapers today that they have detained someone, suspected for driving the car that killed our friend. Good news I guess, even if it wont bring her back.

I pass the accident site every day on my way to school, and since the accident, there has been flowers lying at the side of the road as a tribute.
Today I spotted a new addition, a hand made sign saying "Slow down". I must admit I got chills all over my body, and immediately took my foot off the accelerator. It hit right home.

It made me consider my own driving, and I've decided there is no better time than right now to really change my behavior behind the wheel, which if I'm honest - hasn't always been the best.
From now on I will be more careful and more cautious, be more vigilant and alert - and I will slow down.

No comments: