Thursday 27 December 2007

Totally sporty day

I had a swimming lesson this morning, first one in a long time.
It went alright. It was together with one of my friends, and it was kind of nice to have a bit of "competition" and also realize that I am not completely useless. At least not at breast stroke, freestyle still needs quite a lot of work...
I'm not giving up though! (Even though I felt like it this morning...) I have only had five lessons, so I will keep at it. It will have to fall into place sooner or later, right?

Now, I just got back from my first tennis lesson and it was so much fun!
I will be taking tennis lessons once a week, together with my Danish friend Anne. We are both total new beginners, so we are at the same level. It is really tricky now in the beginning, lots of things to think about to get the swing right and not create bad habits. But I'm already looking forward to the next session!

It's funny because I'm looking so sporty-wannabe, since all my gear is brand new, from the racket to the outfit and the cap. (I didn't wanna wear the sweatbands, would have been a little bit too Björn Borg!) All this has one simple explanation though - I have never done exercise of any kind before, so I've had to buy it all since I didn't have any!
I will post a picture from our next session - I forgot the camera today.

No comments: