Monday 23 August 2010

Noisy nights

When I was young, we lived in the city. I was used to falling asleep listening to the traffic outside in the street with the street lights shining in through my window. When we moved out to the countryside I had so much trouble sleeping at first, since there was absolutely no noises at all and it was completely pitch black!

Now, I really appreciate that silence every time I'm back home in Sweden. It's blissful.
Here it's a different story... night time is actually really noisy. I don't think I've realized that until now, but gosh - frogs are croaking, dogs are barking, the neighbours plays karaoke, the rain falls heavily on the roof and not to forget the endless humming noise from the air conditioning... It always takes a few days to get used to all this again.

No comments: