Friday 13 August 2010

A day for Lucas

I actually had no idea until I browsed a few of the newspapers online tonight - but today is "International Lefthanders Day"!
Lucas is lefthanded, so I guess we should have celebrated him a bit today! Well, he's actually ambidextrous, but he mostly uses his left hand, plus he writes with his left - so I guess that pretty much makes him a leftie?

I even discovered this special web page created just to celebrate this day, and it had lots of funny facts about people who are lefthanded. Did you know for example that:

Lefthanders adjust more readily to seeing underwater.

Lefthanders excel particularly in tennis, baseball, swimming and fencing.

4 of the 5 original designers of the Mac computer were lefthanded.

1 in 4 Apollo astronauts were lefthanded - 250% more than the normal level.


Some other famous lefthanders are: Barack Obama, Rafael Nadal, Bob Dylan, Lady Diana, Albert Einstein, Marilyn Monroe, Paul Mc Cartney, Sting & Bart Simpson, ha ha!
I guess Lucas is in good company!
Happy "Leftie Day"!

No comments: