Friday 19 February 2010

My best effort so far!

I reached the end of my program (for this time) today, which meant a full 10k run without stopping. I set out thinking it would be interesting to see how the time would differ to the run I did a couple of weeks ago, when I did the 6-1 intervals the whole way.

Actually, I might not be able to compare because the first 5,7k today I ran with Misuzu, so I didn't do all the pacing myself. Also, I got a stitch at 8,5k and had to slow down considerably; couldn't give it my all as I had planned.
I finished at a time 2 1/2 minutes slower than last time. Still not bad, I'm happy.

Plus - now I've done it! Now I've run 10k without stopping, so now I know I can do it! I might actually take another approach next weekend to the race, than I had initially planned. I'm not too sure yet.
I'm sure about one thing though: I'm ready!

No comments: