Monday 26 November 2012

The biggest surprise

A couple of weeks ago my Mum and Dad told me, with only a few days notice, that they were off on a quick trip to Rome! Ok..?! Well, yes they said, they were going to Italy to celebrate that they had been together for 40 years!
Naw, how nice!
I would say it's rather unlike them to be all adventurous, so quite surprising but really lovely that they picked a destination where they had never been.

Well, if that wasn't surprising enough - imagine my reaction when I got a message about 11.20pm (there's a 12h time difference between us at the moment) the same day they were off to Rome, that they had just been to the City Hall to get MARRIED!!!
My parents!! After 40 years together!
How lovely is that?! What an amazingly beautiful way of celebrating their life together!

I'm so, so happy for them and get all warm and happy every time I look at this photo! Love you! Congratulations!!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

That is just so sweet! I hope I feel the same way about my husband when we are celebrating 40 years :)

SusanneB said...

How nice this is, waht a great story. Congratulations to the "young" couple!