Saturday 9 November 2013

Diwali 2013

For the third year in a row we were invited to join the yearly Diwali Celebrations at our friends house last night.
We had all been looking forward to this all week, knowing what a nice evening this always is! Last night was no exception.



The children were running around with all their friends, playing and having fun and us adults were enjoying all the amazing Indian food in the huge buffet.
This year they had a special chef preparing Dosai (a fermented pancake made from rice batter), one of my new favourites when it comes to Indian food. Beenal once introduced me to it, and I'm still trying through all the different kinds. Last night I had Masala Dosai, mmm!


We had such a lovely time, again I was admiring all the colourful, delicately decorated traditional suits of both the men and women. Next year I want to wear one too!



The evening ended (well for us at least, it became too late for the kids after that) with a fantastic fireworks display. I really miss to see spectacular, visual firework shows out here, usually it's all about just making loud noise. This, was ah-mazing...




Happy Diwali!

No comments: