Friday 25 February 2011

Reading between the wines

Yesterday I was invited to one of my friends' house to take part in her monthly book club gathering.
There are quite a few book clubs here, but it's been hard for me to find one where I didn't already know most people; so I was extra excited to join this one, because I hadn't met any of these girls in any other social circles here - they were all new friends to me!

Obviously I hadn't read the book this time, but I still enjoyed the debate around it and I had a really good time. It was so nice to meet some new people, enjoy a table full of desserts, a couple of glasses of wine and get involved in some interesting discussions.

Unfortunately I already know I will miss next month as we will be away, but hopefully I'll be able to make it in April. I'm already looking forward to it!

No comments: