Thursday 10 February 2011

Pomelo

Thanks to this post on a friend of mine's blog recently, I felt adventurous at the supermarket doing the shopping the other day, and bought myself a new fruit to snack on. Those of you who know me, know that I usually stick to the same routines; and I sure like my mangoes, melons and papayas.

But since she had done such a nice write-up of this one, I though, I'll give it a try - the Pomelo.

Pomelo it's the largest citrus fruit and it's actually originating from out here in Southeast Asia. In the supermarket it's sold already peeled and segmented, and with a bag of chili-sugar to dip it in.



The verdict is that it tastes a bit like grapefruit, but without the bitterness. I was a bit hesitant to the chili-sugar combo at first, but together with the sting from the pomelo, it's actually really nice!
Definitely a new favourite!

2 comments:

Katarina said...

Jag gillar den skarpt! Det finns så många härliga frukter att ge sig i kast med.

Norm said...

I'm really glad you tried it - and even more pleased that you liked it!! I was so pleased to find a snack that's so tasty and healthy.

Kx