Friday 17 July 2009

First time is always easy

Last Friday I went for a jog, as you know, along the road by my parents place. I managed to actually run non stop for over 3 km, and I was so pleased with myself that the first time went so well.
The next day when I met my friend Katarina, she was happy for me, but also said "Well, the first time is always easy..." And my god, was she right..!

Yesterday Erika and I went running along her route up here in Stockholm (yes, kudos to me for bringing my running clothes even here!!) and I thought it would be really easy since it was a route I didn't know.
It was beautiful (...) along water all the way, but easy? No. I found it really hard to find some sort of rhythm with my breathing, and had to walk a lot more than I wanted to.

Ah well, we will do it again tonight - and if nothing else, I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, even during vacation!

No comments: