Here's the Swedish quiz we had prepared for the Hash on Tuesday. Try and see if you know the answers. Correct answers will be posted tomorrow! :)
1. What’s the capital of Sweden?
2. What is the currency of Sweden?
3. Which are typical Swedish animals?
A. Bear, beaver, moose
B. Polar bear, moose, lynx
C. Wolf, bear, polar bear
4. Which companies are originally Swedish?
A. Volvo, IKEA, Statoil, Tetra Pac
B. Saab, Electrolux, Ericsson, IKEA
C. Ericsson, H&M, Carlsberg, Alfa Laval
5. Which invention made Alfred Nobel world famous?
6. Which one of the members of ABBA was actually not Swedish?
7. Swedish is an official language in another country than Sweden, which one?
8. In Sweden the only place you can buy beer, wine or spirits is in special shops, owned by the government. What is this shop called?
9. Which one of these is a Swedish music group?
C. Michael learns to rock
10. Who won 33 Davis Cup Singles for Sweden in the 1970s?
A. Björn Borg
B. Stefan Edberg
C. Jonas Björkman
11. How do you say hello in Swedish?
12. A “sambo” is...
A. A special name for same-sex couples
B. Your girlfriend/boyfriend
C. Your live-in partner
13. Which statement is true about the artic circle?
A. In the summertime the sun never sets above the artic circle.
B. The artic circle does not cross Sweden.
C. At mid winter you can never see daylight above the artic circle.
14. In which answer do you find a world famous Swedish scientist?
A. Bohr, Kopernikus, Galilei
B. Newton, Curie, Darwin
C. Röntgen, Pasteur, Carl von Linné