Wednesday 28 November 2007

A weird first

Today was the first time I came to Brunei, as in "coming back home". It was a bit weird, didn't really feel like coming home, yet - everything felt so familiar and comfortable.

I must admit, I did a lot of thinking on the plane, and wasn't really looking forward to coming... home (?). Maybe because we are still where we are, and it just feels like we are living in some apartment complex on a long holiday. (I really wish we could find a house of our own, soon...)

I realized I missed coming home to the UK - to our house there (that I loved so much), our life, our friends (and the TV, I miss my XFactor etc!!) and that homely feeling I still don't really have here.

Anyway, the kids are happy to be back home with their toys and familiar things; and the trip went really good. Our kids may be loud and rowdy, but they sure do know how to behave themselves on an airplane!
Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow, so we can go swimming where the water temperature is decent! :)
The homely feeling will surely show up, in a couple of days when we are back into routines. (At least I hope so...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you guys have lots of fun!

Unknown said...

I hope you guys have lots of fun!