Wednesday 26 November 2008

The official start

Sixteen years ago when I was an Au Pair in Paris, I got the holidays off and came home for Christmas. I had wished for only one thing for Christmas: a CD with Christmas music by Lars Vegas Trio. This group was a Swedish music- and comedy group that played covers of well known hits, in a very high tempo. I had been to a concert with them that previous summer, and when they had a Christmas CD coming out - I know I wanted it!

Ever since then, Christmas starts officially for me the first time I put on that CD. That's my favourite Christmas CD by far, even though it is a bit quirky. It is a big part of my Christmas traditions! I listen to it over and over again every year in the weeks up to Christmas - and today, was this year's official start!

Erika - this one is for you!

No comments: