Thursday 2 February 2012

Cultural school excursion

Linnea and her class mates went on yet another school excursion this week. (Unfortunately they always seem to be scheduled on Mondays, so I can't come along since I take my Zumba class then.)
This time they went to the Chinese Temple in Bandar because of the Chinese New Year, and also to the "Big Mosque" - Jame´`Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque in Kiulap.

I heard from the accompanying parents and teachers it had been a really nice and educational visit; such a shame I missed it.
They had been treated to a Lion Dance at the temple, with fireworks and everything! They also got to do some Chinese drawings - and even received Ang Paos!
At the mosque they had gone on a guided tour to see the libraries, the book collections and the impressive prayer rooms.

Here's the newspaper clipping:



No comments: