Sunday 7 April 2013

Jet lag update and the European Hangover

So, after having been back now since Wednesday night, I can evaluate our jet lag struggle and say - it's easier to deal with the jet lag after having landed at night.
Jet lag with kids are hell at any time, since they can hardly be forced to go to sleep etc, but anyway, this time it's been a shorter battle. All three of us slept through the whole night already on our 3rd night, which is really good. Normally it takes us at least 4-5 nights to sleep through.
Kids went to school on Friday already and we are all together all over jet lag by now.

As for the "European Hangover", it was named this so eloquently by my friend Nicole. I've never really thought of it like that, but the name suits perfectly!
It's those couple of days after you come back, before you get into routine again. Those days when the body is obviously here but your mind hasn't caught up yet; when you don't want to do anything - least of all leave the house.
I don't know about you, but I'm always blue for a little while after a trip. I've written about it here, and here f.e. I know it will go away soon, it always does, it just takes a few days. I'm longing for this next week to roll on so it will sort itself out.

No comments: