Thursday 25 April 2013

Kiss and drop

We had to set our alarms a little bit earlier this morning, since the 22nd ASEAN Summit is currently happening in Brunei, and there was going to be some rather extensive road closures this morning, right around normal drop-off time.
So the school kindly opened their gates earlier, and had all their staff coming in earlier too. All to make it possible for us parents to get in to drop the kids, and get out before the road closures started at 7.15am.

Since I didn't know how chaotic it was going to be at school (turns out, there was no chaos at all, no drama, no traffic jams, no nothing! Kudos to school for facilitating our morning!) - I had talked to the kids about maybe doing a "kiss-and-drop" this morning; which means, just drop them off at the gate for them to walk themselves the rest of the way into school.
They got super excited about that!

So even though there was really no need to stress, we did the kiss-and-drop, and I waved off two very excited and happy kids who seemed to have grown overnight with this added responsibility!
You can't really see them in this photo I snapped, but they are there, walking off in the far, side by side, while I'm in the car mourning this yet another sign my babies are growing up far too fast...

3 comments:

MrsC said...

Aaaawww, a new milestone, a little more letting go for mums.... Well done, Luca and Linnea!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Let me know if you recommend Brunei, my husband is a helico pilot and he is looking at a job in Brunei. We are from Canada. How do you like it?

MrsW said...

Hi Helene,
Well.. we've been here nearly six years now, so I guess that says it all! Brunei is a great place to live, especially for families with young children.
If you want to know any more specifics, please don't hesitate to email me! Good luck with your job seeking!
Welcome to Brunei!
X