Monday 30 January 2012

Drive-by sightseeing

A few weeks back I got a FB message from an old colleague telling me that he and a few other old colleagues of mine were planning a trip to Borneo - would I be home to meet up if they came through Brunei?
Well, it's not exactly like our schedule is fully booked with visitors here, of course I would be able to meet up!

So yesterday they came into Bandar with a bus from Miri, but due to the party we weren't able to meet up until quite late in the evening, only to make plans for today. Today we have spent most of the day together and it's been so nice to have friends here to show around!

I must say, in 48 hours they've managed to cover nearly all of the most important sights of Brunei though!
Yesterday they did the "monkey boat" trip into the mangroves and saw the Proboscis Monkeys, went into the city mosque, had dinner at the water village, walked around town and visited the Regalia Building - all in one day.

Today we went for sushi lunch:



After that we did some drive-by sightseeing. Yep, just driving around big parts of Brunei showing them around from the car window!
They also got to browse the big (...) Mall for a couple of hours while I was busy doing Zumbatomic at ISB, they came along to the "Monkey Supasave" (=the supermarket that has the monkeys in the car park), and we took them to Jerudong Park and around the Polo Club. Finally we saw the sunset from the Empire Hotel, very beautiful.

Tonight I took them home for a home cooked meal, which they seemed to enjoy after all their "traveling food". It was also nice to catch up on all the happenings back in the "Verdensfirmaet", my old airline, in Denmark.



Nice to see you guys, I hope you enjoyed your bullet-visit to Brunei!

No comments: