Monday 17 September 2012

Deep in the jungle

I spent this morning deep in the jungle. Or maybe not so deep per se... but in the jungle nevertheless!
A few of us were out doing a rekkie for the Hash. Anna and I and two of the Loan Service girls, have volunteered to lay it in a couple of weeks, so we needed to get out there in good time to make sure the terrain works where we are planning to lay it. You never know how much it has grown and changed since last time. Last time we were at this site was over two years ago, in June 2010.

You need the right equipment if you are going "deep" in the jungle! Hydrapacks, gloves, machetes and - secateurs! Here I am with Clare and Hana, the two virgin hares:



It took us a good two hours to wander around, chopping a bit here and cutting a bit there, to find/make some trails that will work for our run. After having gone back on ourselves a couple of times, it all came together nicely in the end and we all felt content with our plan.
I'm pretty sure not every rekkie looks like ours, ha ha! Anna and I usually do this kind of "trial-and-error" rekkies, until we are happy with how it connects together! So far I've been proud of each and every run we've laid, and I'm sure this one will be a good one too!

No comments: