Sunday 30 October 2011

It's back!

During this year's summer holiday in Sweden my big SLR camera started to behave really strangely. All of a sudden it would give me an 'error' message, freeze - and wipe all the photos currently on the SD-card!
This of course wasn't good at all. I couldn't bring it anywhere since I never knew when it was going to wipe the photos I'd taken that day. Sometimes it'd be after each 10th photo, sometimes not until after a few hundred.

Then, I must admit, it took me quite a while after we got back until I actually got it in to the Canon HQ here to have it fixed. (I guess I got used to the convenience of just carrying around the light little snapshot camera...). Eventually I dropped it in for repair, waited for a quote, and finally agreed to have it sent to Malaysia to get the card reader slot replaced (which had been the issue).
That took it's sweet time as you might imagine, but finally this week - I got my baby back! Yay!



I'm really happy to have my big camera back, I didn't realize how much I've missed it! It's such a difference between just taking photos to document events, and taking photos.

No comments: